If you have MS, you may experience heat intolerance that can lead to significant feelings of fatigue.
This may happen especially in the summertime.
Here are some tips to beat the heat, as much as possible, for your health and wellness
- Do your daily activities mornings or evenings when it’s cooler.
- Know your fatigue levels and times, do you exercises during your times you have the most energy.
- Drink water frequently throughout the day
- Stay under the shade when out for a prolonged time
- Wear sunblock daily
- Wear sunglasses when outside if possible
- Vitamin D is important; Ask you doctor how much you should get naturally from the sun or if you are a good candidate for supplements
- Go to http://momentummagazineonline.com/summer-guide-managing-heat-ms/
- Wear a cooling vest when out and about- you can get one through the MS society or order online. Search “cooling vest” in a brower online or use these websites: